(UPDATED 8:13PM) Multiple Russian Defeats As Ceasefire Fails in Ukraine
Russian President Putin announced the invasion of Ukraine late Wednesday night, and immediately followed it with action. The following is a summary of incidents, numbers and breaking news on the war.
This article will be updated throughout the day as information becomes available.
8:13pm: On a lighter note:
8:10pm: There have been multiple reports of failures by the Russian Military today, including the NUclear Plant at Zaporizhia, which has been reported as being back under Ukraine control.
8:05pm: Russian Air Force casualties hit by the #Ukraine army in the last 26 hours:
• 1 Su-30SM multipurpose aircraft
• 2 Su-34 attack aircraft
• 2 Su-25 close air support aircraft
• 2 Mi-24/35 attack helicopters
• 2 Mi-8 transport helicopters
• 1 Orlan-10 UAV
8:00pm: General Update:
- A ceasefire allegedly placed to allow civilians to flee the southern Ukrainian city of Mariupol failed, with Russian fighters continuing to shell the city.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin warned Saturday that Ukrainian statehood is in jeopardy and likened the West’s sanctions on Russia to “declaring war.”
- Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba on Saturday echoed the president’s assertion that Russia has lost more than 10,000 troops.
- Over Shabbos, Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennet flew to Moscow and held a 3 hour meeting with Putin. He then updated the Ukrainian President VIA phone.
- Mastercard, Paypal, and Visa are suspending their operations in Russia.
- Italian police have seized more than $150 million worth of yachts and villas from four superrich Russians who had been placed on an EU sanctions list.
- Two more top Russian military officials have allegedly been killed in Ukraine in addition to the general already taken out by snipers.
For earlier updates: Click Here