PSA: Miami Marathon Closures For Sunday
The Miami Marathon will be taking place this Sunday with an almost all-flat course that shares approximately 12.9 miles of the half marathon route featuring cityscapes, ocean views, the MacArthur Causeway Bridge and entertainment throughout.
The 26.2-mile course starts by heading north in front of the Kaseya Center (home of the Miami Heat) and finishes in the same general area.
- The course is a USTAF-certified, flat, single-loop and Boston-qualifying course.
- There are several bridges along the course with a very slight incline, each being held in the closed-to-vessel position for the duration of the race
- Digital time clocks will be positioned throughout the course with several at the finish line displaying unofficial times
- Course markers, directional arrows and other signage will be positioned throughout the course
- The full and half marathon will feature entertainment along the course for both spectators and runners
- If you signed up for the full marathon and you decide to run the half marathon, you will receive a half marathon finisher’s medal
See the marathon map above.